51:32:35 l0:03:22

TGI Paul

Saturday, February 18, 2006

ouch..... hangovers hurt

"If it weren't for the flashbacks, I'd have no memory at all!"

Busy busy week!

Wednesday night it was our belated staff christmas night out. We went to a brazillian barbeque/tapas style restaurant. Ate loads, drank loads, said things I really shouldn't say in front of staff and took some very embarrasing photo's. A classic work do really.

So when the bar shut at midnight and the staff started talking about where to go on to, I thought it best to disappear quietly... or not so quietly.... I headed to Central Station; a sleazy basement club, dark rooms and all. It always seems like a good idea at the time but very rarely is. Bear in mind this is the venue where I met the Busdriver and the Hairdesser so it hardly has a good track record!

Anyway, wandering into the darkroom I was followed by a guy who started kissing me. For some reason it just didn't feel right there, he seemed like he might be worth more than an anonymous 'quickie', so I suggested we went back to his.

I was right luckily, he turned out to be a really nice guy; very butch, very sexy. He works as a guard at Paddington Station (what is it with me and public transport workers??)

Thursday night we met and had dinner in Islington and then went to see Final Destination 3. Not really my type of movie, but I loved it. The story was the same idea as the first two obviously, but it's the first one I've seen on the big screen and the effects were fabulous. In fact, I spent 90 minutes or so hiding behind my knees! The main pleasure of the evening though was when he slipped his hand into mine. It's been a long time since I've had a first date at the pictures and I'd forgotten how romantic those first tentative touches can be.

Friday I had an interview for a new position at work. Get this... "Trainee Managers Training Manager". Crap title but I really do want it. The chat went ok, but for some reason I don't think I've got the role. Just a hunch. I'll keep you posted.

Afterwards, I was meant to be going to Nottingham to pack the house up, but I had couple of beers in Comptons and then really couldn't be bothered with the journey. A couple there led to having the great idea of going back to Central Station....

So, I woke up this morning next to a skinhead whose name I forget. I was wearing a pair of leather chaps and bearing a morning glory that (at my age) was a welcome surpise!


I put the thumping headache down to alcohol, until I touched my face and it felt more tender than a usual 'morning after'...

Now I remember walking, face on, into the wall of the dark room. I think I sent a few guys flying when I ricocheted but cant really remember....

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home