51:32:35 l0:03:22

TGI Paul

Monday, April 10, 2006

Still alive.... really!

Can't believe it's been so long since I've posted! This isn't going to be a long one either as I'm sat in a not-too-pleasant internet 'caff' in 'Ackeny (that's Hackney for those who need translations)

Quick update then....

1) Move has happened, amidst the usual stress that moving house involves. Actually it wasn't that bad apart from the Abbey making the CHAPS transfer a very difficult thing to acheive and leaving it til the last nail-biting moment.

2) Am neither with Hairdresser, Bus Driver nor Train Guard. In fact, not really even in contact with any of the above.

3) Didn't get "Trainee Managers Training Manager" job. Crap title, didn't want it anyway! (Didn't Aesop write a fable about this?)

4) The Bendy Buses are still getting on my wick

All in all, the last month has been quite lifestyle changing in many positive ways. Mainly down to the flat, I'm sure, as it's created a much more settled, inwardly happy, stay-at-home Paulie that has been absent for quite a while and is welcomed back by many.

There is also the addition of a BF (yes I'm calling him that already... you think it's too soon?), to match brand spanking new executive apartment. A lovely chap, I've known him nearly a year, and he's seen some of the worst of me and has hung around waiting for the best to come out.

So, introducing Alfie to you is a pleasure. He's an author, an improvement you think?... no nylon uniforms (unless requested!). He lives in Hastings, along with a flat in Canary Wharf, and he treats me like a prince. I've already been introduced to the kids; a sweet 15yr old girl and an 18 yr old lad who occassionally slurs "alright" at you, to the extent where I actually asked "Alfie, does he have a speech impediment? I wish you'd warned me!"

"Oh no, he's just stoned"

"Bloody hell, yeah I'll say!"

"Oh no, if he was REALLY stoned he wouldn't be able to talk at all. He's cutting down quite a lot"


Have also been introduced to the ex Mother-in-Law; a fairly well known author, broadcaster and general raconteur. We had a wonderful meal with her in Smithfields Market a few weeks back, which bought back many sordid memories as the setting for some of her more bebauched antics in younger times. I felt like I was being entertained by the real life Mrs Madrigal and it was great!! (Read "Tales of the City" if you haven't already!)

Have also been introduced to the EX! Quite a livewire guy, and I was very tired, so not sure I made the best first impression... but hey, what does he count eh? Well, apart from the fact that the EX's new BF is actually a semi-icon of mine as the singer of one of my favourite bands so I would quite like us to all get on! lol!

Anyway my hour will be up soon, and I'm gagging for a cig, so gonna sign off. BT have PROMISED they'll be round this thursday to fix in the new line and although I'm not holding my breath, I'm really hoping to be online asafp!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home