51:32:35 l0:03:22

TGI Paul

Friday, July 21, 2006

First week at new job (good vs. bad)

Well, its nearly the end of the first week in the new job, and here are a few of the things I've noticed;

1) Its amazing how many people get up at stupid o'clock! I'd never realised the world was so active at 7:15am! Seriously... I'm quite shocked that there's this whole other world thats been happening unbeknown to me for all this time! The trains are rammed, and very hot and VERY VERY smelly!! This is bad!

2) Its also amazing how many of these people, when listening to their i-pods on bus/train/tube/foot (I cover all four modes daily!), forget that they're singing out loud, sometimes quietly, sometimes at quite a volume, but ALWAYS in a completely different key to whats being pumped into their ears! This can vary from being quite amusing to being very annoying; dependant on the song!

3) That I CAN get up at 6am for 5 days in a row. This is good . Also, that I CAN get to Uxbridge a lot quicker than I initially thought. This is even better.

4) That Pret a Manger is ridiculously expensive, but I actually quite enjoy making packed lunches before I head to bed at 9.30. (yes... 9:30!!). This is plain weird.

5) That you have to get here bloody early to get said lunch a place in the fridge! I've deviously found a way round this; I leave my empty box in the fridge at night and replace it with a second, full, lunchbox in the morning and take the empty one home to rotate. This is flipping clever!

6) That 'office type' people are completely different from Restaurant staff. I'm not sure if/when/how I'll fit into this. Not sure if this is good or bad.

7) Also, that IT are generally looked down on by many, and we only have HR to look down on.
As the newest person here, I naturally have no-one to look down on except the stupid branch managers who ring because they've unplugged their printer and now cant understand why it doesn't work. They make me laugh, their calls are good!

8) That everyone overlooks the receptionist! She's a lovely girl with a very sweet nature. I said 'hello' to her once and now get a little conversation whenever I walk by. This is good (she's the only person who doesn't look down on me!)

9) I smoke loads less working in an office environment. This is VERY good!!

10) I can fit into M&S Kidswear. Have bought 2 pairs of great work trousers, aged 13, for £7 each.

....this is bloody excellent!!


1 Comments:

  • LOL! Just got back from a break involving 1 ciggie, 4 savoury biscuits and a mini pot of creamy Philadelphia!!

    By Blogger Paul, at Monday, July 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home