51:32:35 l0:03:22

TGI Paul

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Commuter Dilemma

OK, so you know I like my Sudokus right?

And you know that I'm pretty damn good (though I say so myself), right?

So, if I'm sat next to a novice on the train, and they've managed to enter barely a few numbers, AND they've been sat for a good twenty minutes, scanning along the rows and columns with their pencil, with a pained expression on their face, and entering no new numbers...

Is it ok for me to suggest the next few numbers?

Of course, the answer is "NO!" It would be rude beyond compare. However, I had done the next 8 or 9 moves in my head and was starting to lose my place in the puzzle because I couldn't keep in my head the picture of it as I was completing it, so I got stuck.

Which irritated me beyond belief. Whaddya reckon?




7 Comments:

  • Well, it would be a good way to start up a conversation if the guy was cute (of course presuming a) male and b) cute). I sat on a plane with a sudoku that I couldn't for the life of me figure out. Only when I put the bloody thing away and came back to it a day later was I able to see the next move. I probably would've been a combination of grateful and annoyed had someone offered me the next move. Unless they were, well cute.

    By Blogger Mike, at Wednesday, November 08, 2006  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Paul, at Wednesday, November 08, 2006  

  • Maybe it's how you tell them?

    Gently coaching and offering help, as if they were an old lady waiting to cross the road, as opposed to;

    "Oi, Dumbass! It's a 4 in there, then that gives you the 3 there! Jeez! And then..."

    By Blogger Paul, at Wednesday, November 08, 2006  

  • I appear to be stumped, may I offer some suggestions. But only if, like Mike says, they're male & cute!

    By Blogger rodger, at Thursday, November 09, 2006  

  • Subject of annoyance was male, but so not cute!

    By Blogger Paul, at Thursday, November 09, 2006  

  • nerfectly pormal i reckon!

    By Blogger AngelConradie, at Monday, November 20, 2006  

  • "nerfectly pormal"??

    By Blogger Paul, at Friday, November 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home