51:32:35 l0:03:22

TGI Paul

Monday, November 13, 2006

I GOT IT!

The phonecall came about an hour ago,

"It's decision time," he said "and I'd really like to offer you the Hampstead restaurant. I think your training skills and your flair would be a real asset there, well to the whole area actually. I got a really good feeling about you. You're honest, not a bullshitter and I like that alot."

"Brilliant!" I was trying not to shout it as I was in the office and didn't want everyone knowing until it came out officially. I also didn't want them all to know how bloody glad I am to get out of here!

You don't know how thrilled I am! For nearly 10 years now I've been deputising and assisting various other managers, often saving their arses and making them big bonuses. More often thinking "If this was my restaurant, I could make so many changes!" So now's my chance to prove to everyone, including myself, whether or not I can actually do it.

All that remains is for my new Ops Manager to have a chat with the Head of IT and arrange a transfer date. I know my new boss wants it to happen ASAFP, and so do I. As I can't see anyone here holding me back, (I'm hardly indespensible,) I could start as soon as Monday in my own little restaurant.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home